General Surgery Residency Training Program
Thank you for your interest in the post-graduate surgical education program at UNMC, an ACGME accredited residency program. Six categorical positions and one preliminary position are available for the first year of training in General Surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
We welcome Foreign Medical Graduates to apply. For more information, please read through the international graduate criteria: International Medical Graduates
Please do not fax, e-mail, or mail application materials unless specifically requested to do so. Any materials received outside of ERAS will not be considered. Applicants must submit all necessary materials via the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) no later than September 27th. Applications received after that date will not be accepted.
- All applications must be submitted through ERAS
- 3 letters of recommendation, 2 from general surgeons
- Graduation from medical school within the last 5 years
- Activity in clinical medicine within the past 5 years
- Clinical experience in the United States
- USMLE Step 1 & 2 scores of PASS or no less than 230
- Pass the Clinical Skills Examination on the first attempt
Interview dates will be scheduled between the months of October and December. Upon acceptance of your application, you will be contacted by the program coordinator to schedule an interview. The final applications will be evaluated by the General Surgery staff and ranked and submitted to the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
In accordance with Nebraska Medicine and University of Nebraska Medical Center policy, we require that all applicants are made aware of our campus policy that requires proof of vaccination for all employees and trainees.