Professor and Chair
Dr. Merritt C. Pedersen Professor of Dentistry
Department of Surgical Specialties
2170B, UNMC College of Dentistry
4000 East Campus Loop South
Lincoln, NE 68583-0740
- Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pa.
- DMD, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pa.
- General Practice Residency, The Graduate Hospital, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Attending - Dental Implant Screening Clinic
- Coordinator - Elective Dentistry Rotation
- Co-Director - Dentofacial Deformity Clinic
- Director/Initiator - Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery Internship, DENT 661
- Director - Senior Selective Hospital Dentistry, OS 625, DENT 640
- Lecturer - Orthognathic Surgery Seminar, ARD 593, DID 842, DENT 855, BIOS 150 (UNL)
- Distraction osteogenesis and bone regeneration
- Alsalleeh, F., Keippel, J., Adams, L., Bavitz, B. Bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis of jaw reoccurrence after methotrexate therapy: A case report. J Endod Sep 40(9), 1505-7, 2014.
- Bavitz, J.B. Autotransplantation of teeth: a procedure that gets no respect. Oral Surg, Oral Med, Oral Pathol 110(4):441, 2010.
- Bavitz, J.B. Implant placement by the general dentist. Quality Resource Guide Met Life Dental, July 2010.
- Bavitz, J.B. High fidelity human simulators: we can do better at minimizing adverse anesthesia outcomes. "My View," ADA News, February 1, 2010.
- Bavitz, J.B. Dental management of patients with hypertension. In Dental Clinics of North America 50:547-62, 2006.
- Henriksen, B., Bavitz, B., Harn, S. Evaluation of bone thickness in the anterior hard palate relative to midsagittal orthodontic implants. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 18(4) 578-581, 2003.
- Continuing Education Presenter