- View 2020-21 Academic Calendar
- College of Dentistry Student Catalog - The catalog provides curricular requirements, course descriptions and policies.
- UNMC Student Policies and Procedures - A comprehensive handbook of the guidelines, regulations and obligations that come with being part of the UNMC community.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) - UNMC - FERPA is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. You have the right to restrict information from public release.
- Financial Aid - UNMC - View your loan history, learn about repayment options, apply for aid and more.
- Nebraska Residency Requirements - It is important that students who are not Nebraska residents are familiar with the effect residency policies have on the cost of their enrollment.
- Student Email Login
- Student Information System Login
- Canvas - Canvas is a cloud-hosted learning management system (LMS) that allows instructors and students to deliver course materials, submit assignments and tests, view grades, and create learning activities.
- McGoogan Health Sciences Library - Access online journals and ebooks.
College of Dentistry deans and faculty provide assistance with academic problems, time management, leaves of absence, emergency student loans and other matters that may arise during a student’s program. Contact one of these faculty members.
American Association of Women Dentists (AAWD)
The AAWD is an organization, established in 1921, to encourage women in the pursuit of a dental career. It sponsors programs designed to emphasize ways for the woman dentist to gain greater recognition in the profession. The AAWD along with ColgatePalmolive sponsors the Research Award for Women Dental Students each year to encourage women dental students who show promise in the field of research. We have been fortunate in having two of the College’s students win this award recently. The AAWD has several loan and scholarship programs available and publishes a newsletter, the Chronicle, six times per year. Student dues are $5.00 per year.
College of Dentistry Christian Medical Society
The Christian Medical Dental Society (CMDS) is a fellowship of thousands of Christian dentists, physicians, dental and medical missionaries and dental and medical students committed to living their faith through the healing professions. This chapter has regular weekly meetings for fellowship, prayer, and study as well as social events. All Christians including faculty, staff and students are invited to participate.
College of Dentistry Student Research Group (SRG)
The Student Research Group was formed in 1985 and is composed of students who are interested in research. Students need not have been involved in research prior to professional school and do not necessarily need to be involved in conducting research at the College. The group is intended to provide an informal source of information and encouragement for students who wish to learn more about research methodology and evaluation. The group sponsors research related workshops for students and meets occasionally to discuss specific research topics or opportunities and to take part in research conferences. An organizational meeting is called early in the fall.
Omicron Kappa Upsilon – Alpha Alpha Chapter
The Alpha Alpha Chapter is a component of Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the national dental honor society. Membership in Omicron Kappa Upsilon is comprised of dental educators and graduates of accredited dental programs with high scholastic achievement. The purpose of Omicron Kappa Upsilon is to promote, recognize, and honor scholarship, leadership, service, and character among dental students and graduates of dental programs.
Sigma Phi Alpha
Sigma Phi Alpha is the national honor society of the dental hygiene profession. Membership in Sigma Phi Alpha is comprised of dental hygiene educators and of graduates of accredited dental hygiene programs with high scholastic achievement. The purpose of Sigma Phi Alpha is to promote, recognize, and honor scholarship, leadership, service, and character among dental hygiene students and graduates of
dental hygiene programs.
Student Alliance for People of All Abilities (SAPA)
SAPA is a UNMC student group that works to raise awareness of the health care needs of people with disabilities and increase the quality of care for these individuals. SAPA has worked in the past with the Munroe-Meyer Institute.
Student American Dental Hygienists’ Association (SADHA)
SADHA is the national organization of dental hygiene students. Membership dues qualify each student to receive the ADHA Journal and access to some group membership plans as well as having a voice in decision making, policy and the political arena of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association. The local chapter conducts monthly business and professional meetings and organizes fund-raising activities.
Student Chapter of the American Dental Association (ASDA)
The ASDA is the national organization of dental students. As a member of the Association one is entitled to The New Dentist, The ADA Journal, and The ADA News. Membership dues qualify each student for a $25,000 life insurance policy at no extra charge. At the beginning of the school year, the ASDA Handbook for Dental Students outlines the services the Association offers the student, such as: scholarships and loans, insurance programs, national board reprints, research opportunities, international opportunities and the ASDA advocacy program. At the local chapter level, the representative of each class is involved with the communication between the student and the national organization. Periodically, guest speakers are invited to discuss current topics relevant to the student dentist.
UNMC College of Dentistry students are eligible to use the following services at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln:
- UNL Parking and Transit Services - Purchase your parking permit.
- University Health Center - The University Health Center provides a full range of health care services, including Counseling and Psychological Services. Call 402-472-7450.
- UNL Campus Recreation - Offering a variety of health and wellness services.
- UNL Libraries
UNMC College of Dentistry students are also eligible to use the following services on the UNMC Omaha campus: