- View 2021-22 Academic Calendar
- College of Dentistry Student Catalog - The catalog provides curricular requirements, course descriptions and policies.
- UNMC Student Policies and Procedures - A comprehensive handbook of the guidelines, regulations and obligations that come with being part of the UNMC community.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) - UNMC - FERPA is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. You have the right to restrict information from public release.
- Financial Aid - UNMC - View your loan history, learn about repayment options, apply for aid and more.
- Nebraska Residency Requirements - It is important that students who are not Nebraska residents are familiar with the effect residency policies have on the cost of their enrollment.
- Student Email Login
- Student Information System Login
- Canvas - Canvas is a cloud-hosted learning management system (LMS) that allows instructors and students to deliver course materials, submit assignments and tests, view grades, and create learning activities.
- McGoogan Health Sciences Library - Access online journals and ebooks.
College of Dentistry deans and faculty provide assistance with academic problems, time management, leaves of absence, emergency student loans and other matters that may arise during a student’s program. Contact one of these faculty members.
American Association of Public Health Dentistry (AAPHD)
AAPHD’s mission is to provide leadership in promoting oral health and disease prevention. The College of Dentistry’s student chapter works to bring awareness to current public health issues in the field of dentistry that affect the patient base at the college and in the greater Lincoln and Nebraska communities. As an acting branch of the national AAPHD, the chapter strives to help alleviate barriers to health care experienced by diverse groups throughout the state and provide opportunities for students to learn more about public health via national AAPHD events and community outreach. Visit website.
American Student Dental Association (ASDA)
ASDA is a national student-run organization that protects and advances the rights, interests and welfare of dental students. ASDA connects students on local and national levels and gives them the training they need to be better leaders. Members are offered professional development, personal development, leadership and networking opportunities at the local, district and national level. Visit website.
American Association of Women Dentists (AAWD)
AAWD’s goal is to be the leading resource for advancing, connecting and enriching the lives of women dentists and women who are pursuing dental careers. AAWD offers a variety of programs and services that benefit the special needs of women dentists and students. Visit website.
College of Dentistry Christian Medical Society (CMDS)
CMDS is a fellowship of thousands of Christian dentists, physicians, dental and medical missionaries and dental and medical students committed to living their faith through the healing professions. This chapter has regular weekly meetings for fellowship, prayer and study as well as social events. All Christians, including faculty, staff and students, are invited to participate.
College of Dentistry Student Research Group (SRG)
SRG is an informal source of information and encouragement for students who wish to learn more about research methodology and evaluation. The group sponsors research-related workshops and meets to discuss research topics, opportunities and to take part in research conferences.
Omicron Kappa Upsilon – Alpha Alpha Chapter
The Alpha Alpha Chapter is a component of Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the national dental honor society. Membership in Omicron Kappa Upsilon is comprised of dental educators and graduates of accredited dental programs with high scholastic achievement. The purpose of Omicron Kappa Upsilon is to promote, recognize and honor scholarship, leadership, service and character among dental students and graduates of dental programs. Visit website.
Sigma Phi Alpha
Sigma Phi Alpha is the national honor society of the dental hygiene profession. Membership in Sigma Phi Alpha is comprised of dental hygiene educators and graduates of accredited dental hygiene programs with high scholastic achievement. The purpose of Sigma Phi Alpha is to promote, recognize and honor scholarship, leadership, service and character among dental hygiene students and graduates of dental hygiene programs. Visit website.
Student Alliance for People of All Abilities (SAPA)
SAPA is a UNMC multidisciplinary interprofessional student interest group devoted to outreach and education about working with individuals that have varying motor, emotional and cognitive abilities. They hold monthly meetings and organize events to fulﬁll their mission. All health care professionals are certain to encounter individuals with disabilities and SAPA is dedicated to making these interactions as positive and beneﬁcial as possible.
Student American Dental Hygienists’ Association (SADHA)
SADHA is the national organization of dental hygiene students. Leading the way as a unified force, the ADHA works to support dental hygienists throughout their career lifecycle and advance the dental hygiene profession by developing new career paths, expanding opportunities for care, and providing the latest training and information. Members are offered professional development, personal development, leadership and networking opportunities at the local and national level. Visit website.
Student National Dental Association (SNDA)
SNDA is a national organization with a longstanding goal to promote, aid and support the academic and social environment of minority students. The goals of the College of Dentistry's SNDA chapter are to increase the representation of dental students from underserved and underrepresented communities through mentorship, build an inclusive, caring community at UNMC, build awareness of important social and racial issues, and increase outreach to underserved communities in Lincoln and Nebraska. Visit website.
Student Professional and Ethics Association (SPEA)
SPEA is a national, student-driven association that was established to promote and support students’ lifelong commitment to ethical behavior to beneﬁt the patients they serve and to further the dental profession. Visit website.
UNMC College of Dentistry students are eligible to use the following services at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln:
- UNL Parking and Transit Services - Purchase your parking permit.
- University Health Center - The University Health Center provides a full range of health care services, including Counseling and Psychological Services. Call 402-472-7450.
- UNL Campus Recreation - Offering a variety of health and wellness services.
- UNL Libraries
UNMC College of Dentistry students are also eligible to use the following services on the UNMC Omaha campus: