Updated December 1, 2022
- In the event of inclement weather, the UNMC College of Dentistry will maintain learning/teaching continuity as scheduled and when possible.
- Decisions concerning the status of clinical operations will be communicated to faculty, staff and students through email.
If the building is closed (Gering or Lincoln),
- Plan on remote didactic classes. These need to be recorded in case students have no power or experience other difficulties. If faculty have no power or experience other difficulties, class will be cancelled.
- Lab classes may shift to didactic instruction for the same course to allow for more lab time later onsite. The decision is up to the faculty.
Instructions for communication
- Faculty, communicate your plan to your students directly.
- Students, check for communications from faculty and administration.
Instructions for students on extramural rotations
Contact your site preceptor to review their office closure plans and the need for travel.
When the building is open, but travel may be hazardous
Your safety is our priority. Though conditions may be okay at our college, travel may be hazardous in different areas. If your commute may be unsafe, please stay home and let your course director/students know. Requests for excused absences for exams/assessments need to be submitted to the College of Dentistry Office of Student Affairs.