The Office of Global Engagement (OGE) promotes international diversity, fosters global understanding and awareness, and advances internationalization efforts throughout the UNMC community.
Our vision is comprehensive global engagement for Nebraska and beyond, advancing UNMC’s world-class education, cutting-edge research, and renowned public service to meet the complex challenges of today’s interconnected world.
The Office of Global Engagement is responsible for:
- Providing support to and advocating for the university’s international community including students, faculty, staff, and scholars;
- Facilitating and coordinating diverse opportunities for global learning experiences;
- Coordinating bilateral exchange programs for health science rotations and research with UNMC’s global partners;
- Developing and managing observership and training programs;
- Managing the US immigration and visa sponsorships of international students, faculty, staff, and visitors on behalf of UNMC;
- Collaborating with UNMC departments to ensure compliance with UNMC policies including compliance training, immunizations, and export control;
- Developing and maintaining academic collaborations and business partnerships;
- Developing capacity in the healthcare sector;
- Bolstering economic development in Nebraska and the world;
- Coordinating various international and cultural engagement opportunities.