The McGoogan Health Sciences Library offers services to support faculty and staff research and teaching. Faculty and staff who are new to UNMC are invited to contact the library for a one-on-one orientation.
Liaison librarians are focused on the needs of UNMC colleges, institutes, and departments. They serve as:
- A point of contact for library-related questions
- Instructors who can help faculty and students navigate the world of information and library resources
- Advocates for faculty and staff needs within the library
- Expand scholarly reach by depositing scholarly work (posters, presentations, reports, etc.) in the campus repository: DigitalCommons@UNMC
- Guidance for copyright questions
- Navigation of the scholarly publishing and impact landscape
- Librarian facilitated literature searches from the basic literature search to a systematic review search
- Interlibrary loan, a no-fee service, for materials that are not in the library’s collections
- Assistance with writing at the Writing Center @ UNMC
- Journal article and ebook links for Canvas can be found in our online catalog. Learn more with this quick guide (PDF).
Volunteer Faculty and Clinical InstructorsVolunteer faculty and clinical instructors can ask their home department to request an ID and password from UNMC ITS in order to access the library’s online journals, books, and databases in support of their role as an educator. Volunteer faculty may request literature search services and interlibrary loan (copies only, no loans) for educational purposes in direct support of teaching or grand rounds. See the Collection Access and Services for Special Groups policy for more information.
Contact the Library
- Start with firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-559-6221
- Contact a library liaison
- Submit a comment or suggest a resource