Currently, online consultations are available on Wednesdays, 10 am - 3 pm and Thursdays, 2 pm - 7 pm. Appointments can be scheduled online.
The Writing Center @ UNMC offers free one-on-one consultations with trained advisors to all University of Nebraska Medical Center students, faculty, and staff to help improve writing abilities, critical thinking and productive reading skills, and effective communication. The Writing Center @ UNMC is staffed by consultants from the University of Nebraska Omaha Writing Center. The service is available within the McGoogan Health Sciences Library during the spring and fall semesters, with online sessions available.
Writing projects supported by this service include:
- Course papers
- Cover letters
- Scholarly articles
- Theses and dissertations
- Deciding on a topic
- Generating ideas
- Focusing, organizing, or expanding ideas
- Improving grammar and writing style
- Handling technical details of documentation and format
- Overcoming writer’s block
- Understanding different forms of writing
- Becoming a more confident, comfortable writer