985450 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5450
Alynn Kruse, MS, CGC is a licensed and certified genetic counselor at the Munroe-Meyer Institute's (MMI) Department of Genetic Medicine at UNMC. Alynn attended the University of Minnesota-Rochester (UMR) where she obtained her Bachelor of Science degree in Health Sciences. At UMR she worked for four years as an undergraduate research assistant in wet lab studying the genetics of zebrafish. Pediatric genetics hits close to home for Alynn as she experienced medicine from the patient perspective for the better part of her life. This fueled her passion for advocacy and research within genetic medicine. She subsequently completed her Master of Science degree in Genetic Counseling and Human Genetics at Sarah Lawrence College in New York.
Alynn’s current role includes providing genetic counseling to patients in a variety of capacities including the pediatric and adult General Genetics’ clinic at MMI, pediatric General Genetics clinic at Children’s Nebraska and Huntington Disease Clinic at HDSA Affiliate Center of Excellence, Nebraska Medicine. Alynn is also involved in the Neurogenetics Clinic at Boys Town Pediatric Neurogenetics clinic.
- American Board of Genetic Counseling - Certified Genetic Counselor
- State of Nebraska - Licensed Genetic Counselor
- MS, Sarah Lawrence College – Bronxville, NY, 2023
- BS, University of Minnesota Rochester – Rochester, MN 2020
- LGBTQ and B-JEDI visibility in healthcare
- Kruse A, Sebastin M, Lee D, Marion R, Ectodermal Dysplasia – A Case Report. American Journal of Medical Genetics, Open Access. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gimo.2023.100245
- National Society of Genetic Counseling (NSGC)
- NSGC Neurology Special Interest Group
- NSGC Pediatric Special Interest Group
- NSGC Research Special Interest Group