The MMI Department of Community Engagement was established to create synergies between providers, agencies and stakeholders to build ongoing, permanent relationships with MMI.
These relationships will result in the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources as well as partnerships and reciprocity, creating a collective vision to improve the lives of individuals with disabilities and complex health care needs.
We are committed to actively soliciting the identification of current and anticipated factors that impact our community engagement efforts.
- Value, develop and maintain strong and authentic partnerships with community-based organizations and agencies.
- Engage partners in the full range of MMI processes.
- Visibly support authentic community engagement at all levels of the organization.
- Direct resources and design systems to support community engagement.
- Community engagement effort intentionally advance perceived inequities in focus on specific client groups by identifying and removing barriers as appropriate.
Looking forward, facilitating change will build stronger networks across diverse communities to advance the empowerment of the population with individuals with disabilities and complex health care needs and their families.