The Munroe-Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation offers interdisciplinary training opportunities in a variety of disciplines for both the public and professionals. Professional training for undergraduates, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows provide practitioners and scientists with the latest knowledge obtained through scientific and clinical research to help students become future leaders in their fields.
Clinical Internships and Training
The clinical departments at MMI provide training opportunities for students in professional training programs from across the country. Specific information about each department’s training activities can be found on the individual department web page under the “Training” tab. Information regarding interprofessional training can be found under Center Grants.
Research and Academic Training
A broad array of training activities are available for students seeking graduate or postgraduate certificates or degrees at MMI. Please select from the list below for more information on individual programs.
- Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Biomedical Sciences (IGPBS)
- Clinical Cytogenetics Fellowship
- Doctoral Program in Applied Behavior Analysis
- MS in Applied Behavior Analysis
- MS or PhD in Medical Sciences
- Medical Genetics Fellowship
- Molecular Genetics Fellowship
- Physical Therapy Pediatric Residency
- Therapeutic Recreation Internship
- UCEDD Traineeship
Interprofessional and Leadership Training Opportunities
MMI offers several training opportunities for individuals interested in interprofessional care and/or leadership in the field of neurodevelopmental and related disorders. Learners may represent a variety of disciplines, including audiology, speech and language pathology, social work, psychology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, pediatrics, health administration, special education, nutrition, dentistry, nursing and family and/or self-advocacy.
- MMI Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND)
- MMI University Center for Excellence in Disabilities (UCEDD)
- AmeriCorps is a national service initiative. Learn more about AmeriCorps.
For assistance or questions regarding your student experience at MMI, please contact MMI Student Services.
MMI offers a variety of educational opportunities for learners ranging from high school students through professionals in postgraduate training programs.
Learn more! Go to the UNMC Division of Student Success website.