985450 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5450
Alyssa Cady Keller, MS, CGC, is a certified genetic counselor in the department of genetic medicine at the UNMC Munroe-Meyer Institute. Alyssa joined the department in 2018 after graduating from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She works in prenatal clinics and pediatric settings, seeing patients and their families as a part of Children’s Metabolic Clinic and in-patient genetics consults. She also assists with research. Alyssa is a part of the Advocate Work Group for Heartland Genetics Services Collaborative since 2014.
- American Board of Genetic Counseling - Certified Genetic Counselor
- State of Nebraska - Licensed Genetic Counselor
- MS, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, 2018
- BS, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 2016
- “Newborn Screening for X-Linked Adrenoleukodystrophy in Nebraska: Initial Experiences and Challenges.” Craig V. Baker, Alyssa Cady Keller, Richard Lutz, Karen Eveans, Krystal Baumert, James C. DiPerna, and William B. Rizzo. International Journal of Neonatal Screening. Published April 2022
- “To Place A Genetics Consult Or Not?: Neonatology Team Members’ Likelihood Of Considering A Genetics Consult In A Level IV NICU For Certain Clinical Indications.” Abstract. Electronic Presentation at 2020 ACMG Clinical Genetics Meeting, March 2020.
- “Mental Models of Cause and Inheritance for Type 2 Diabetes Among Unaffected Individuals Who Have a Positive Family History” Sandra Daack-Hirsch, Lisa L. Shah, Alyssa D. Cady.
- National Society of Genetic Counseling