985440 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5440
Brittany Bowman attended Grand View University in Des Moines, IA (summa cum laude) where she was a genetics lead and tutor. After graduating with her degree in Biology, she worked as an Andrologist at a fertility clinic helping families achieve pregnancies through insemination and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
Inspired by the resiliency of her patients, she went on to complete her graduate education at The University of Wisconsin – Madison with a degree in Genetic Counseling Studies. While attending graduate school, Brittany was an assistant for the Wisconsin National Primate Research Center, where she assisted in primate placenta translational treatment during pregnancy. Brittany is continuing her passion in women’s health by working with patients in the maternal fetal medicine clinic in Omaha, NE.
- American Board of Genetic Counseling - Certified Genetic Counselor
- Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (LEND) Certificate
- MS, University of Wisconsin – Madison, Madison, WI, 2020
Special Interests and Projects
- Special interest in women’s health equity, policy and advocacy
- Block LN, Bowman BD, Schmidt JK, Keding LT, Stanic AK, Golos TG. The promise of placental extracellular vesicles: models and challenges for diagnosing placental dysfunction in utero. Biol Reprod. 2020 Aug 28:ioaa152. doi: 10.1093/biolre/ioaa152. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32856695. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32856695/
- Michael J. Lagier, Brittany Bowman, Kelsey Brend, Katherine Hobbs, Michael Foggia, Mark McDaniel; Improved Functional Prediction of Hypothetical Proteins from Listeria monocytogenes 08-5578. The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science 1 January 2014; 121 (1-4): 16–27. doi: https://doi.org/10.17833/121-03.1
- University of Wisconsin Lifelong Learner Scholarship Recipient (2018)
- University of Wisconsin LEND Stipend Recipient (2018)
- Grand View University Presidential Scholarship Recipient (2013)