985450 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5450
Drew Cratsenberg, MS, CGC, is a licensed and board certified genetic counselor at the Munroe-Meyer Institute of the University of Nebraska Medical Center. He obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Biotechnology from the University of Nebraska Omaha in 2014, and completed his Master of Science degree in Genetic Counseling at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in 2016.
Previously, he counseled patients and families in pediatric, preconception, prenatal and cancer genetics clinics. His current roles include providing genetic counseling to patients seen in the adult genetics clinic at MMI as well as the cardiac genetics program developed by MMI in conjunction with Nebraska Medicine. He is also involved in multiple committees as part of the development of UNMC’s Genetic Counseling graduate degree program.
- American Board of Genetic Counseling - Certified Genetic Counselor
- State of Nebraska - Licensed Genetic Counselor
- MS, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, 2016
- BS, University of Nebraska Omaha, Omaha, NE, 2014
- Clinical supervisor
Special Interests & Projects
- Genetics of hereditary cardiovascular disease, including cardiomyopathies, aortopathies, arrhythmias, and dyslipidemias
- How individuals share information about their genetic diagnoses with family members who may be at risk
- National Society of Genetic Counseling
- NSGC Cardiovascular Special Interest Group
- MMI Standout (August 2018)