985450 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5450
Jessie Poskochil, MGC, CGC, is a licensed and certified genetic counselor at the Munroe-Meyer Institute's Department of Genetic Medicine at UNMC. Jessie obtained her Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL), and then, went on to pursue her Masters of Genetic Counseling at the University of Nebraska Medical Center and graduated from the inaugural class.
Jessie joined the Munroe-Meyer Institute as a genetic counselor focused on hereditary cancer genetics in 2021. She enjoys assisting the genetic counseling education program by participating in career fairs, discussion panels, and soon, as a clinical rotation supervisor. Prior to joining MMI, she taught as the Head Teaching Assistant for the Physiology Laboratory at UNL, where she was awarded the Kenneth C. Stout Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Award for the School of Biological Sciences.
- American Board of Genetic Counseling – Certified Genetic Counselor
- State of Nebraska – Licensed Genetic Counselor
- State of Iowa – Licensed Genetic Counselor
- Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and related Disabilities (LEND) Certificate
- MGC, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, 2021
- BS, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, NE, 2018
- BIOS 213 Laboratory, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, NE 2017-2019
- Rural outreach clinics and referrals to genetics
- Genetic counseling education programs and student interests
- National Society of Genetic Counseling
- NSGC Cancer Special Interest Group
- Kenneth C. Stout Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Award