985450 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5450
Joanna Spaulding is a certified genetic counselor in the Warren G. Sanger Human Genetics Laboratory at Nebraska Medicine and an assistant professor in the Department of Genetic Medicine at the UNMC Munroe-Meyer Institute. Joanna joined UNMC in June 2017, moving back to the Midwest after several years of clinical practice in southern California. Originally from Kansas City, she graduated from Valparaiso University in Indiana in 2007 with a Bachelor of Science in Biology; she went on to obtain her Master of Science degree through the genetic counseling training program at the University of Colorado Denver in 2009.
- American Board of Genetic Counseling - Certified Genetic Counselor
- State of Nebraska - Licensed Genetic Counselor
- MS, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, 2009
- BS, Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, IN, 2007
- National Society of Genetic Counselors