985450 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5450
Terri Blase is a licensed and certified genetic counselor at the Munroe-Meyer Institute's Department of Genetic Medicine at UNMC. Terri specializes in cancer genetics. Terri received her Masters of Science degree in Genetic Counseling at California State University, Northridge in 2005 and is certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling. Terri previously worked as a genetic counselor at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, Illinois for nearly 10 years before starting at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 2015. Terri currently provides Genetic Counseling to patients with significant personal and/or family histories of cancer. Terri enjoys teaching others and sharing her love of her profession by being a clinical rotation supervisor for Genetic Counseling graduate students.
- American Board of Genetic Counseling - Certified Genetic Counselor
- State of Nebraska - Licensed Genetic Counselor
- MS, California State University-Northridge, Northridge, CA, 2005
- BS, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, 2003
- Terri has supervised numerous Genetic Counseling graduate students.
Special Interests & Projects
- Hereditary Cancer
- Early Detection of Pancreatic Cancer
- National Society of Genetic Counseling