985450 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5450
Mark D. Shriver, PhD, BCBA-D is a Professor of Psychology and Pediatrics at the Munroe-Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation (MMI) at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC). He is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. He is the Director of the MMI University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD). He is the Associate Director for Education and Training for the MMI Psychology Department and he is the Director of the Applied Behavior Analysis graduate training program jointly administered at UNMC and the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO). He received his PhD in School Psychology from the University of Nebraska Lincoln. His research and clinical interests include behavioral parent training, treatment of anxiety disorders, treatment adherence, treatment of common childhood behavioral issues, and school-related behavioral and academic issues. He has written multiple peer-reviewed articles, chapters, reviews and abstracts. He has presented at numerous state, regional and national conferences. He authored a book on the science and practice of parent training published by the American Psychological Association. Dr. Shriver is founder and past editor of the Journal of Evidence-Based Practices for Schools. He is a past Associate Editor for the Journal of School Psychology and for the Journal of Behavioral Education, and serves on multiple other editorial boards. He has received recognition as an Outstanding Teacher of the Year at UNMC. He has served as Coordinator of the Practice Board of the Association for Behavior Analysis International. He is currently serving as a member on the Nebraska Council for Developmental Disabilities.
PhD, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1994
EdS, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1990
BS, University of Nebraska-Omaha, 1987
PSYC 9470/MMI 947 Practicum in Applied Behavior Analysis
PSYC 9570/MMI 957 Applied Behavior Analysis
PSYC 8700/MMI 870 Ethics and Law for Psychology and Applied Behavior Analysis
Research Interests and Projects
- Behavioral parent training
- Treatment adherence in parent and teacher delivery of interventions
- Delivery of applied behavior analysis services and consultation in the school setting
- Program Evaluation of Out-of-School Programs
Selected Publications (within the last 5 years)
- Weaver, A.D., Scherer, P., Hengen, S., & Shriver, MD (in press). An Investigation of Proximity Control in a Large Group Unstructured Setting. Preventing School Failure.
- Shriver, MD (2018). Evidence-based treatment components for children and adolescents with specific learning disabilities. Invited chapter for Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy: Components of Evidence-Based Treatments for Youth and their Parents.
- Shriver, MD (2018). Applied behavior analysis in education: The role of the board certified behavior analyst. Invited chapter for Behavioral Interventions in Schools: Evidence-Based Positive Strategies, 2nd Edition.
- Banks, B.M., Shriver, MD, Chadwell, M.R., & Allen K.D. (2018). An examination of behavioral treatment wording on acceptability and understanding. Behavioral Interventions, 1-11.
- Cohrs, C., Shriver, MD, Allen, K.D. (2016). Evaluation of increasing antecedent specificity in goal statements on teacher adherence to positive behavior management strategies. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Kupzyk, S., & Shriver, MD (2016). A systematic framework for addressing treatment integrity in school settings. Psychology in the Schools.
- Allen, K.D., Shriver, MD, & Nadler, C. (2015). Raising our kids well: Guidelines for positive parenting. In Steven Jay Lynn, William O’Donohue, and Scott Lilienfeld (Eds). Better, Stronger, Wiser: Psychological Science and Well-Being. Los Angeles, CA: Sage.
- Association for Behavior Analysis International
- Nebraska Association for Behavior Analysis
- American Psychological Association
- Division 16 (School Psychology)
- Division 25 (Behavior Analysis)
- Nebraska Psychology Association