Welcome to the COPH Strategic Planning Website!
The UNMC College of Public Health (COPH), building on its strong foundation as Nebraska’s first CEPH-accredited College of Public Health, has launched a collaborative strategic planning process to further distinguish ourselves as a premier public health institution.
Collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners helped identify four priority areas in which our College will be recognized as world leaders and support UNMC and the College’s overarching goal to make Nebraska the healthiest state by 2020. The College’s priorities outline the vision for a future that will take us to new heights and revolutionize the public health field in exciting ways.
Collaboratively and relentlessly seek new and creative solutions to the most challenging problems in public health while working to prevent them from happening in the first place.
Healthiest people & places worldwide.
COPH Strategic Priorities and Year 1 Goals
Student Experience - Provide an exceptional student experience that improves students’ preparation for and impact on the future public health workforce.
- Goal A. Celebrate and share student work
- Goal B. Provide practice-based curriculum
- Goal C. Expose students to public health practice
Cancer Prevention and Control - Develop and promote innovations that effectively prevent and monitor cancer.
- Goal A. Establish a Center for Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences
- Goal B. Increase Research Collaborations with UNMC Campus
- Goal C. Provide Community Outreach Activities on Cancer Prevention
Community-Based Health Transformation - Create systems and practices that build mutually beneficial community-academic partnerships to transform health.
- Goal A. Create community-wide expertise in translating data into action
- Goal B. Leverage effective partnerships at all levels
Health System Transformation
Integrate healthcare and public health to improve population health.
- Goal A. Convene collaborations among multi-sector stakeholders
- Goal B. Integrate data warehouses and analytics
- Goal C. Act as a convener, promoter and catalyst of inter-professional education and workforce development
Please join us and pledge your support to make Nebraska the healthiest state in the nation.
Please check this website frequently as information will be updated regularly throughout the strategic planning process.