2nd Annual Midwest Public Health Innovation and Research Expo
Friday, October 28, 2022
The Midwest PHIRE is made possible through the College of Public Health Innovation Fund and is co-sponsored by The Great Plains IDeA-CTR and the University of Nebraska Lincoln College of Journalism and Mass Communications.
More details and a schedule will be forthcoming
Call for Abstracts Timeline:
- September 1, 2022: Deadline for submitted abstracts
- September 26, 2022: Presenters will be notified of acceptance status
- October 10, 2022: Presenters will be informed of their scheduled presentation time
Questions? Contact Wendi Jensen or Daisy Dai at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Abstract information:
- There is no registration fee for attendance.
- Travel funding (up to $300) will be available to selected students.
- Awards will be issued for meritorious poster presentations.
Submit Abstracts below:
Previous Innovation Expo Information
Friday, November 12, 2021
The Innovation Expo provides a venue for College of Public Health faculty to meet collaborators, showcase their research through oral presentations, and hear updates from Innovation Fund investigators.
The event featured presentations on:
• Building Teams
• Assessing Connections within the Agricultural Community
• Improving Future Responses to Floods
• Effects of Drought on Suicide in Nebraska
• Student Research
• Patient Barriers to Accessing Health Care
• Global Health Research
Schedule at a glance:
- Morning Sessions
- Theme: Working Together
- Welcome and introduction to sessions
- Session 1—Teams and Connectedness
- Session 2—Collaborative Approach to Natural Disasters
- Afternoon Sessions
- Theme: JEDI Code—Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Welcome back and introduction to sessions
- Session 3—Collaboration with Public Health Students
- Session 4—Identifying Health Disparities and the Humans Affected
- Session 5—Strong Community Partnerships
For detailed time schedule: PDF