Director, Human Gross Anatomy Laboratory
Department of Oral Biology
Room 1431, UNMC College of Dentistry
4000 East Campus Loop South
Lincoln, NE 68583-0740
- BS, Education & Human Sciences, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- PhD, Genetics, Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Course Director, Osteology of the Skull (ORBI 315)
- Course Director, Head and Neck Anatomy (ORBI 316)
- Course Instructor, Special Topics in Oral Biology (ORBI 317)
- Course Instructor, A Review of Biomedical/Dental Sciences (ORBI 471)
- Course Director, Human Anatomy (ORBI 505)
- Course Director, Head & Neck Anatomy (ORBI 506)
- Course Instructor, A Review of Biomedical Sciences (ORBI 571)
- Course Director, Advanced Anatomy (OBIO 860)
- Course Instructor, Local Anesthesia (DHYG 412)
- Clinical anatomy education
- Curriculum development and clinical education research, including course development, implementation of active learning and student-centered pedagogical approaches, and evaluation of the efficacy of these methods
- Genetics, immunology and hormone signaling
- Yoachim, S.D., Nuxoll, J.S., Bynote, K.K., Gould, K.A. (2015). Estrogen receptor alpha promotes Sle1-induced loss of tolerance and immune cell activation and is responsible for sex bias in B6.Sle1 congenic mice. Clinical Immunology 158, 153-166.
- Graham, J., Yoachim, S., Gould, K. (2020). Estrogen receptor alpha signaling is responsible for the female sex bias in the loss of tolerance and immune cell activation induced by the lupus susceptibility locus Sle1b. Frontiers in Immunology, 11:582214.
- Yoachim, S.D., Koth, A.J., and Focken, A. (2020) Bone growth and its clinical application to dentistry. UNMC eGallery, Accessible online at https://www.unmc.edu/elearning/egallery/bone-growth-and-clinical-application-to-dentistry/
- Nguyen, V., Yoachim, S. (2021). Using Instagram as a tool to enhance anatomy learning at two U.S. dental schools. Journal of Dental Education, 2021; 1-11.
- Koth, A.J., Focken, A.G., Lyden, E.R., Yoachim, S.D. (2021). Effectiveness of an e-module at teaching novice learners critical thinking skills related to dentistry. Journal of Dental Education, 2021; 1-11.
- Ingram, K., Canarsky, N., and Yoachim, S. (2022). Anatomy of Dental Injections. UNMC eGallery. Accessible online at https://www.unmc.edu/elearning/egallery/anatomy-of-dental-injections/.
- Ribeiro-Wobido, A., Leyden, S., Sox, M., and Yoachim, S. (2022). Tooth Identification. UNMC eGallery. Accessible online at https://www.unmc.edu/elearning/egallery/tooth-identification/
- Yoachim, S., Baller, E., Zhao, W., and Kallio, J. (2022) Oral Health Literacy. UNMC eGallery. Accessible online at https://www.unmc.edu/elearning/egallery/oral-health-literacy/