Instructions for Applicants

This application is for individuals applying to a training program leading to the attainment of a certificate only. Complete application for postgraduate training consists of the following items:

The supplemental Application Form and Personal Information Form should be mailed or emailed to Diane Thompson.

Additional information required of foreign applicants

Financial Data Form certifying that you have the funds necessary to finance your own study. While we welcome applications from well qualified foreign students, the University is not in a position to offer extensive financial assistance.

Scores on the TOEFL Examination or other English examinations. (This is not required if your first language is English.)

The Graduate Record Examination is given five times each year at Examination Centers located in each of the principal countries of the world. Students who reside in the United States, South America, Central America, Europe, Asia, or Eastern Canada should write:

Educational Testing Service
Princeton NJ 08541-6000

Students residing in Mexico, Western Canada, Australia, Japan, Formosa, or the Philippines should direct their inquiry to:

Educational Testing Service
1947 Center Street
Berkeley CA 94704

If you have taken this examination under a name different than that used on this application, please advise us so that we can match your scores on your application.

If your official transcript or mark sheets of college level work are in a language other than English, a certified English translation must be included.

Transcripts should carry the signature of a responsible official of the school in which the work was done and the seal of that institution, or should be certified true copies of the original records. If photocopies are provided, the copies must be certified after duplication as true copies of the original document.

Transcripts should clearly indicate the grades received or the standing attained on required examinations.

If transcripts do not show the degree earned and the date on which it was conferred, an official degree statement must also be provided. Again, if the official degree statement is in a language other than English, a certified English translation must be included, with the certification being provided after duplication.

If you have previously enrolled in a United States Institution, the letters of recommendation should come from faculty members of that institution and should mention your English proficiency.

All information should be forwarded to:

UNMC College of Dentistry
Postgraduate Admissions
4000 East Campus Loop
P.O. Box 830740
Lincoln NE 68583-0740

Please direct any questions regarding application process to:
Diane Thompson (402) 472-6261