Denim for Disabilities
is a fundraiser sponsored by the Meyer Foundation for Disabilities that supports the Thursday Night Recreation Therapy Program at the Munroe-Meyer Institute, as well as provides other recreational opportunities for teens and adults with developmental disabilities in the greater Omaha area.
This event is scheduled one to two times per year in the fall or winter.
How to participate
- Ask your supervisor for approval to participate to be sure you are in compliance with departmental dress code.
- Give $1 and get one sticker (or as many dollars/stickers as you'd like.)
- Wear your sticker with your jeans to show how awesome you are! Also, it will show your support for the Meyer Foundation for Disabilities and your participation for the day.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I wear jeans every day of the fundraiser? Only with supervisor approval! That will be a $20 donation to the Meyer Foundation for Disabilities to wear jeans for each work day of the fundraiser. We accept cash or checks made out to Meyer Foundation for Disabilities or ‘MFD’.
- I already have casual day on Friday. Must I give you a dollar? No, but we would never turn away the donation! And, you’d get a sweet sticker to show your support of MMI! If you would like to participate on all the non-Fridays of the fundraiser, it would be $16.
- Can I buy a denim day for someone else? What a kind and generous thing to do! Just stop by with your dollar!
- Is my $1 sticker good for the whole 4 weeks of the fundraiser? Well, we can’t stop you by reusing you a sticker, but the idea is that you donate one dollar for one day.
- Where does all this money go? Proceeds support recreational therapy programs for adults with disabilities right here at MMI. Hundreds of families benefit from our programs and services each year.
- What if I want to participate without wearing jeans or how do I get more involved? That’s great! Consider registering for the annual Walk and Roll for Disabilities, another wonderful MFD event.
- My organization or business is not affiliated with UNMC. Can we participate? You bet! Please email our fundraiser representative below for more information.
The Meyer Foundation for Disabilities (MFD) is a supporting board of the Munroe-Meyer Institute. Learn more about MFD.
For more information or to bring this fundraiser to your department, contact the MFD's Denim for Disability representative at MMI (email Carly DeBruin | call 402-559-5777) or email MMI's Community Engagement department.