Annual Community Events
Involvement and engagement with our community is key to our success.
We place high importance on the countless relationships we have built with individual advocates, community partners and organizations that share our mission of transforming lives of individuals with disabilities.
The Munroe-Meyer Institute hosts or is directly involved with many events throughout the year that are open to our friends, clients and colleagues. Our providers cherish the opportunities these events provide for our teams to connect on a more personal level with our MMI family. They offer time for everyone to celebrate the individuality and uniqueness of our clients and staff alike and fulfill our need to connect with one another outside of clinic and work.
Whether you participate in one or many of our annual events, you build upon the foundation of the great things happening in and around our community and we are grateful for you! We are stronger together.
Annual Events and Celebrations Hosted by MMI
- Autism Acceptance Month
- Down syndrome Awareness Day and Month
- Flamingo Flocking Fundraiser
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month
Periodic MMI Events
- Community Listening Tour - MMI's leadership team, periodically travels to Nebraska communities outside of Omaha with a purpose to meet with community and health care leaders in various Nebraska cities to explore how MMI might offer support and possibly collaboration to people with disabilities and complex health care needs, and the organizations that support them, within these communities.
- Open House - We hold periodic open house events designed to showcase the MMI facilities and offer our faculty and staff time outside of clinic to talk with families and the public about the services provided at MMI.
We hope to see you soon!
Contact us if you have questions about a particular event or want to know how you can get involved.