Leading the fight to treat and cure ALS through global research and nationwide advocacy while also empowering people with Lou Gehrig’s Disease and their families to live fuller lives by providing them with compassionate care and support.
A world without Alzheimer's. Our Mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
To Ease the Burden and Find the Cure . We strive to improve the lives of people with Parkinson's, their caregivers and family members, by providing education, creating public awareness, fostering a supportive environment and raising funds for research.
The DMRF is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to serving all people with dystonia and their families. Since 1976, the DMRF has grown from a small family-based foundation into a dynamic membership-driven organization led by a Board of Directors and network of volunteers with personal connections to dystonia. Because dystonia hits so close to home for our directors and volunteers, the DMRF leadership is motivated by an unrelenting drive to find a cure and an unwavering commitment to serving people affected by dystonia.
Founded in early 2011, LIFE is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization created by a group of dedicated local volunteers who have been active for many years in epilepsy support and advocacy, and three of whom are current members of the Board of Directors. LIFE provides critical assistance to people living with epilepsy and their families, and programs of interest to individuals using non-medical treatments to assist with seizure control. Committed to serving all persons living with epilepsy, LIFE serves a diverse client base and offers services and education to an estimated 25,000 individuals in the region while partnering with private and public organizations.
Formed as a collaborative effort in 2008 between local organizations and individuals to fund research to end Alzheimer’s disease and impart education for those providing care. Out of the funds we raise, 60% goes toward funding institutions conducting cutting edge research in Alzheimer’s Disease. The remaining 40% is reserved for grants to fund much-needed Caregiver support and programming in the Fremont area.
Help for today, hope for tomorrow. The Society is a National, voluntary health organization dedicated to improving the lives of people with Huntington's disease and their families: to promote and support research and medical efforts to eradicate Huntington's Disease, to assist people and families affected by Huntington's Disease to cope with the problems presented by the disease, and to educate the public and health professionals about Huntington's disease.
We are an Affiliate of the Huntington's Disease Society of America, a national, not-for-profit voluntary health agency.
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is the world’s leading nonprofit health agency dedicated to finding treatments and cures for muscular dystrophy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and other neuromuscular diseases. We do so by funding worldwide research; by providing comprehensive health care services and support to MDA families nationwide; and by rallying communities to fight back through advocacy, fundraising and local engagement. It’s special work powered by special people who give generously. Visit mda.org and follow us at facebook.com/MDAnational and @MDAnews.
The Mid America Chapter works to improve the quality of life for people affected by MS in 253 counties in Kansas, Western Missouri, Nebraska and Pottawattamie County and raise funds for critical MS research. Join the movement toward a world free of MS.
Primary Orthostatic Tremor *, also known as Orthostatic Tremor (OT), is a neurological movement disorder, characterized by high frequency tremors, predominantly in the legs when in a standing position, and an immediate sense of instability.
Our name says it all. We're all things Parkinson's disease for people in the state of Nebraska and surrounding areas. We are a group of individuals brought together by Parkinson's disease. We give our time and talents to help bring education, expertise, classes, support and a host of other resources together in a single location. It's our mission to be Nebraska's primary resource for Parkinson's disease information, educational programs, outreach events and awareness, and to organize, promote and raise funds for local Parkinson's services. Through awareness and collaboration, we can provide the right information and resources Nebraskans need on their journey with Parkinson's disease.