Department of Epidemiology
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
Previous Educational Institutions and Degrees Earned
- Ayub Medical College. Abbottabad. Pakistan, MBBS, 2007 - Medicine
- Quaid-e-Azam University. Islamabad. Pakistan, MSPH, 2012 - Public Health
Previous Work and Research Experience
- Polio Eradication Office/ World Health Organization/ Pakistan
- Health Coordinator/ Society for alternative media and research/Pakistan
- Research Assistant/ Health services Academy/ Islamabad
- The knowledge of the public health domain, if applied correctly, can very well alleviate the standards of living in any settings and especially in a developing country like my own. My areas of interest are Maternal and child health and chronic disease epidemiology. Pursuing PhD in Epidemiology will get me equipped with the very best of learning as I aspire to work for change, little as it might be.
- Bakht MB, Arif Z, Zafar S, Nawaz MA. J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad. 2013 Jul-Dec;25(3-4):3-8. Influence of media on contraceptive use: a cross-sectional study in four Asian countries.