Program Director, Orthodontic Section
Room 2436, UNMC College of Dentistry
4000 East Campus Loop South
Lincoln, NE 68583-0740
- BDS, Pondicherry University, India
- MDS, Orthodontics, S.D.M. Dharwad, RGUHS, India
- MDentSc, Orthodontics, UConn School of Dental Medicine
- Undergraduate and graduate orthodontics - didactics
- Graduate orthodontics - clinical
- Orthodontic biomechanics
- Impacted canines and clinical challenges involving their treatment
- Orthognathic surgeries, both conventional and involving surgery first approaches
- Interdisciplinary care of patients with cleft lip and cleft palate
- American Association of Orthodontists
- International Association for Dental Research
- Membership in Orthodontics Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
Honors and Awards
- 2018 - Awarded sponsorship by the American Association of Orthodontists to the Institute for Teaching and Learning (ITL) Academy of Academic Leadership
- 2018 - Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- 2017 - Charley Schultz Resident Scholar Award, American Association of Orthodontists, Clinical Research Category
- Vishwanath M, Janakiraman N, Vaziri H, Nanda R, Uribe F. Autotransplantation: A biological treatment alternative for a patient after traumatic dental injury. Korean J Orthod. 2018 Mar; 48(2):125-130.
- Strouse E, Vishwanath M, Feldman J, Mutalik S, Landin M, Tadinada T. Value addition of CBCT in orthodontic treatment planning of impacted canines and considerations for dental implants. Sri Lankan Journal of Orthodontics. 2018 Jan;1(1) 39-47
- Yadav S, Assefnia A, Gupta H, Vishwanath M, Kalajzic Z, Allareddy V, Nanda R. The effect of low-frequency mechanical vibration on retention in an orthodontic relapse model. Eur J Orthod. 2016 Feb;38(1):44-50.
- Janakiraman N, Feinberg M, Vishwanath M, Nalaka Jayaratne YS, Steinbacher DM, Nanda R, Uribe F. Integration of 3-dimensional surgical and orthodontic technologies with orthognathic "surgery-first" approach in the management of unilateral condylar hyperplasia. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2015 Dec; 148(6):1054-66.
- Tadinada A, Mahdian M, Vishwanath M, Allareddy V, Upadhyay M, Yadav S. Evaluation of alveolar bone dimensions in unilateral palatally impacted canine: a cone-beam computed tomographic analyses. Eur J Orthod. 2015 Dec; 37(6):596-602.