The MMI Experience Pledge
WE PLEDGE: To pursue the following concepts in all our activities and to work with each individual's unique attributes - particularly their strengths - in order to personalize care that makes a meaningful difference.
We will promote:
- Partnering to work with you rather than on you.
- Respecting your way of doing things.
- Empowering you to understand your health care needs and make informed decisions.
- Providing support to reach your potential at school, work and throughout the community.
- Recognizing physical activity is important to health and wellness and comes in many different forms.
- Reducing individual and community barriers to movement and fitness.
- Advocating for policies to build a healthy inclusive community.
- Recognizing that EVERYONE wants to have fun.
- Promoting inclusive accessible leisure activities in the community.
- Expanding opportunities to enjoy time with the people you choose as friends.
- Supporting you and your family as you meet life's challenges and opportunities.
- Following your lead.
- Providing services and resources that are meaningful to you and your family.
- Providing tools that promote and enhance meaningful healthy relationships.
- Encouraging peer connections.
- Recognizing you as a fellow citizen and neighbor.
- Valuing independence, inclusion, privacy, self-determination, employment and education.
- Keeping your expectations and dreams in view at all times.
- Challenging and supporting you in raising your own expectations in life.
- Embracing people-first language and principles.
- Embracing technology to improve services.
Based on Rosenbaum, P. & Gorter, J.W. (2012), The 'F-words' in childhood disability: I swear this is how we should think! Child: Care, Health and Development, (38) 4. More resources.