Undergraduate students considering careers in pathology, microbiology, or other laboratory sciences are offered opportunities for doing research in one of the laboratories of the department. Each student will work for ten weeks on a project in a laboratory that will be assigned after acceptance. Student researchers will attend weekly seminar series and students will have an opportunity to present results in a poster session at the end of the summer. Summer students are paid a stipend of $3,000.
Eligible applicants are currently enrolled in college level education, excluding senior year students. Please read more about immunization and other general program requirements on UNMC's SURP program web site.
- Complete the online application form on the SURP program website link above.
- Submit required supporting documents:
- A one page academic/research essay including long range goals, how you believe a research experience will assist you in your career, and any prior research experience
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Transcript(s) from colleges/universities you have attended (can be unofficial)
- Two letters of recommendation
Research essay, resume and unofficial transcript will be uploaded with your online application. Letters of recommendation will be requested and received electronically following the submission of your application.
Questions concerning the SURP program in the Department of Pathology/Microbiology:
SURP Program Coordinator
Caroline Ng, PhD
Assistant Professor, SURP Program Director
Please direct questions regarding your application status to Tuire Cechin.