The Emergency Medicine Interest Group (EMIG) is an organization whose purpose is to expose students to the practice of emergency medicine through a variety of events and meetings. It is a student-run organization that elicits the help of various emergency physicians for the task of introducing the basic concepts and skills needed in an emergency department.
- To create in interest in emergency medicine for UNMC medical students.
- To form a mutual support group for UNMC students pursuing a career in emergency medicine.
- To provide mentorship for students applying for a residency in emergency medicine.
- To disseminate information about the emergency medicine field.
- To facilitate learning opportunities and clinical skills in emergency medicine.