- PGY I: $ 57,534.00
- PGY II: $ 59,664.00
- PGY III: $ 62,096.00
*residents are paid monthly
Vacation and Leave Time
- Twenty working days of vacation per academic year.
- One week of paid professional leave for approved meetings
- Sick Leave: 12 days in your first and second year and 120 days after 24 months of employment as a resident
- Maternity & paternity leave for birth/adoption of child
- Comprehensive group health, dental, optical, and life insurance options
- Malpractice insurance is provided
Additional Residency Education Information
- Participation in annual ABEM In-Service Exam each February
- Orientation month in July for new house officers. This includes clinical shifts, 15-25 lecture hours each week, BLS, ACLS, PALS, ATLS, and an ultrasound course with live model practice.
- Required scholarly activity presented at the end of the third year.
- Electives during the 2nd & 3rd years of residency. UNMC will provide salary and liability coverage. International rotations available with approval.
- Rural Rotations with housing and meals provided, as well as teleconferencing to weekly EM didactics.
- Mileage reimbursement for all required rotations greater than 25 miles away from primary training site
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, & ATLS certification paid for by the Emergency Dept.
- $500.00 Educational fund per year.
- The hospital paid DEA certification (731.00 value)
- Total of four lab coats and/or scrub set combination provided at the begining of residency training. Residents may also wear personal scrubs. CME money may be used to buy personal scrubs.
- Reserved parking for residents ($32.00 per month through payroll deducation)
- Lunch card program and call money meal program
- On-Site child care facility
- Two On-Site Gym locations available 24 hours/day, free to residents. In addition, membership available through the Center for Healthy Living. Payroll deduction available for monthly fee.
- Employee Assistance Program to House officers and immediate family.