PhD Student, Student Worker
Department of Health Services Research and Administration
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2019 – present: PhD candidate, Student Worker
- 2014 - present: Medical Doctor, National Coordinator and WHO Country Representative for ARI Surveillance, Ministry of Health, Oman.
- May 2012– Oct 2014: Medical Doctor, National Coordinator and WHO Country Representative for Communicable Disease Surveillance, Ministry of Health, Oman
- Feb 2012-May 2012: Medical Doctor, Communicable Disease Surveillance and Control Department, Expanded Programme of Immunization (EPI), Ministry of Health, Oman.
- Nov 2011-Feb 2012: Medical Officer, Radiology Department, Khoula Hospital, Ministry of Health, Oman
- Aug 2010- Nov 2011: General Practitioner, Al Buraimi Policlinic, Ministry of Health, Oman
- Aug 2019- present: PhD in Health Services Research, Administration, and Policy (HSRA) concentrated in Health Security, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Nebraska, USA.
- 2017-2020: Master of Public Health program in Epidemiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Nebraska, USA.
- 2001-2009: MD, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Tehran, Iran.
Rima Al Balushi has attended and participated as a presenter/facilitator/country presenter for several courses and official regional meetings conducted by the World Health Organization (WHO) and other international organizations in the United Kingdom, France, United States, Singapore, Morocco, Jordan, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, and Oman. Al Balushi is part of the expert roster maintained by the Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office (EMRO) of the WHO, as she successfully completed the first pre-deployment training for rapid responders in 2016. She takes special interest in operations research and has had many of her abstracts accepted for oral/poster presentation in international scientific conferences and meetings. She has worked with the WHO EMRO to develop tools for epidemiologists on IHR (2005). Al Balushi has research interest in infectious diseases, health security, global health, health administration and policy, economic evaluation, and healthcare assessment.
- Interprofessional Academy of Educators (IAE)
- Public Health Association of Nebraska
- American Public Health Association
- Sohrabi MR, Albalushi MR. “Clients’ satisfaction with primary health care in Tehran: a cross sectional study in Iranian health centers.” JRMS 2011; 16(6): 756-762, (http://www.ncbi.nih.gov/pubmed/22091304)
- Albalushi RM, Sohrabi MR, Kolahi AA. “Clients’ satisfaction with primary health care in Muscat.” Int J Prev Med 2012;3:713-7
- Albalushi RM, Alzedjali M, AlMokhaini S, AlAbri B. “Timeliness of Oman Communicable Diseases Surveillance System”
- Doaa M. Abdel-Hady, Rima M. Al Balushi, Badr A. Al Abri, Seif S. Al Abri, Hanan S. Al Kindi, Amina K. Al-Jardani, Fatma M. Al Yaqubi, Idris S. Al Abaidani, “Estimating the Clinical Burden of Influenza in Oman (2012-2015)”