Applicants must participate in the National Matching Program of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS) of the American Association of Dental Schools.
Contact: PASS, 1625 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Suite 101, Washington D.C. 20036
- Applications will be considered from graduates or senior dental students of dental schools accredited by the Council on Dental Education of the American Dental Association. Applicants must be U.S. citizens and be eligible for dental licensure.
- Applicants assume full responsibility for submitting the required materials to PASS before October 15.
- The oral and maxillofacial surgery staff will review the application materials when they are complete. During review, the application will be considered without regard to sex, race, age, color, religion, or national origin. Criteria for selection include: National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) score, class rank, research experience, extracurricular experience in dental school, postgraduate education or experience, and letters of recommendation.
- Promising candidates will be invited to Omaha for an interview (beginning in November). The personal interview is required for final consideration.
- During the interview, the applicant will meet with the oral and maxillofacial surgery staff, who will answer applicant's questions about the program. Applicants will also be evaluated by the residents. The evaluation is subjective, but will encompass such factors as:
- motivation for a career in oral and maxillofacial surgery;
- suitability for the UNMC Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program;
- professional demeanor;
- future goals.
In addition to submission via the PASS and Match Program, applicants are also encouraged to email their submission packets (Curriculum Vitae, Personal Statement, Transcripts, etc.) to our Program Coordinator, Patricial Tolliver, email@example.com, to help expedite the review process of your application by our OMFS Faculty and Staff.
We look forward to getting to know you, and appreciate your consideration of UNMC/Nebraska Medicine, the College of Medicine, and the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program within the Department of Surgery.