The Excellence in Fellow Teaching Award is intended to recognize the valuable contribution of pathology fellows in a wide variety of teaching activities at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Selection for the award is based on the amount and quality of teaching. Residents, Co-fellows, and faculty are encouraged to submit any teaching evaluations they may have as support for the award.
Teaching activities include, but are not limited to:
- M1, M2, and BOD small groups
- M2 laboratories
- M4 supervision during Anatomic or Clinical Pathology rotations
- Training of pathology residents on Surgical Pathology, Molecular Pathology, or Hematopathology services.
- Didactic lectures to Allied Health Students, including cytotechnology students, medical technology students, Biology of Disease students etc.
- Participation in planning or designing instructional teaching materials
- Mentoring activities, including participation in Pathoblasts, resident fairs etc.
The award will be presented by the Vice Chair of Education during the annual resident & fellow graduation banquet.