The Excellence in Peer Resident Teaching Award is intended to recognize the valuable contribution of pathology residents in a wide variety of teaching activities at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Selection for the award is based on the amount and quality of teaching. Residents are encouraged to submit any teaching evaluations they may have as support for the award.
Teaching activities include, but are not limited to:
- M1 and M2 small groups
- M2 laboratories
- M4 supervision during Anatomic Pathology rotation
- Training of junior pathology residents on Autopsy and Surgical Pathology services
- Presentations to medical technologists and cytotechnologists
- Participation in planning or designing instructional teaching materials
- Mentoring activities, including participation in the Pathology Student Interest Group, residency fairs, etc.
The award will be presented by the Residency Director during the annual resident graduation banquet.
Ashley Hein, MD