Past UNMC-Specific Webinars
UNMC held several webinars leading up to the policy start date in January 2023, and continue to hold additional webinars to provide updates on guidance. Click on the title of each webinar to view the recorded video.
Writing a Data Management & Sharing Plan with DMPTool
This webinar was held on January 10th and a PDF of the presentation slides can be downloaded here.
Open Forum: The NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy Explained
This webinar was held on January 6th and a PDF of the presentation slides can be downloaded here.
Past NIH-Hosted Webinars
At this time, the NIH has hosted two webinars covering the new DMS Policy. Recordings of these are included below, but additional information including slide decks can be found on their DMS Learning page.
Understanding the New NIH Data Management and Sharing (DMS) Policy
This NIH webinar was held in August 2022.
Diving Deeper into the new NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy
This NIH webinar was held in September 2022.
UNMC-Focused Resources for DMS
- This SPA DMS website and its Frequently Asked Questions page - Includes UNMC-focused answers based on NIH guidance
- McGoogan Health Sciences Library - Includes support and consultation on Data Management Plans
- DMPTool - UNMC-requred platform that provides customized templates to construct DMS Plans
- Research IT Office - Their Research Data Management pages provide general tips and tools for all types of data management, not necessarily specific to the new NIH DMS Policy.
External Guides and Recommendations
- AAU/APLU Guide to Accelerate Public Access to Research Data
- COGR/ARL NIH Data Management and Sharing Readiness Guide
- Wilkinson et al. The FAIR Guiding Principles for scientific data management and stewardship
Applicable NIH Policies (Effective Jan 25, 2023)
- NIH-OD-21-013 – Final NIH Policy for Data Management and Sharing
- NOT-OD-21-014 – Supplement: Elements of an NIH Data Management and Sharing Plan
- NOT-OD-21-015 – Supplement: Allowable Costs for Data Management and Sharing
- NOT-OD-21-016 – Supplement: Selecting a Repository for Data Resulting from NIH-Supported Research
- NOT-OD-22-131 – Request for Public Comments on DRAFT Supplemental Information to the NIH Policy for Data Management and Sharing: Protecting Privacy When Sharing Human Research Participant Data
- NOT-OD-22-189 – Implementation Details for the NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy
- NOT-OD-22-195 – New NIH "FORMS-H" Grant Application Forms and Instructions
Federal Agency Policy References and Reports
- NIH Data Sharing Policy
- NIH Data Management and Sharing Activities Related to Public Access and Open Science
- Informed Consent for Research with Data and Biospecimens
- Selecting a Repository for Data Resulting from NIH-Supported Research
- 2021 OSTP Public Access Congressional Report
If you are aware of other DMS resources that may be helpful to UNMC researchers, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to share.