Provide training, research and clinical services to children, adolescents and families with behavioral, emotional, social, physical, intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- More than 25 faculty and staff.
- Divisions: Clinical and Outreach Services, Educational Programs, Research Programs.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Program.
- Internship Program: Nebraska Internship Consortium in Professional Psychology.
- Participate in MMI graduate programs: Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) master’s degree and ABA doctoral degree.
- $6M annual budget, greater than $3M in annual federal, state grants and contracts.
- Rune Simeonsson was one of the first psychologists hired at the Meyer Children’s Rehabilitation Institute (MCRI).
- Psychologists, Drs. Jack Stark and John McGee joined MCRI in the 1970’s and concentrated on serving individuals with developmental disabilities and psychiatric behavior disorders.
- In 1986, Dr. Joe Evans was hired to direct the MCRI Psychology Department. Under his leadership, 42 integrated behavioral health clinics were introduced to urban and rural primary care practices in Nebraska and the MMI model is being replicated across the country.
- Dr. Keith Allen took the Director reigns in 2016 and under his leadership programs were established in lifespan IDD, school-based services and trauma-based services.
- More than12,000 yearly patient visits.
- Emphasis on training in integrated primary care and in comprehensive school-based mental health services and lifespan IDD.
- 35 provider locations across the state in integrated care settings (25 outside Omaha).
- 25 types of services and clinics provided, including: In-person and telehealth delivered behavioral health services, behavioral parent training, anxiety disorders, depression, sleep disorders, elimination (toileting) disorders, oppositional and disruptive behavioral disorders, neuropsychological evaluations and psychoeducational evaluations.
Training and research activities
- Recent grants: $2,400,000 annual (GPE, BHWET, SAMSHA, OSEP).
- Peer reviewed publications and chapters: 20.
- Involved in education of medical students, residents, fellows, interns, allied health professionals, PhD and MS students. Students from over 45 nationwide universities and colleges.
- 8 postdoctoral fellows
- 19 predoctoral interns
- Interns attracted from Universities across the nation
- 47% retained in Nebraska
- 16 doctoral graduate students
- 15 masters students
- 30 family practice residents
- Annual participants in workshops, conferences, teleconferences and other community education activities.
- 19 graduate courses taught by our faculty.
- 30 national presentations, keynote addresses, workshops and symposia.
Mark Shriver, PhD, BCBA-D [bio] Associate Director, Psychology Educational Programs
Jennifer Burt, PhD [bio] Associate Director, Psychology Clinical Services
Brandy Clarke, PhD [bio] Associate Director, Program Growth and Sustainability, Psychology
Jennifer Burt, PhD [bio] Fellowship Training Director, Psychology
Allison Grennan, PhD [bio] Internship Training Director, Psychology
Holly Roberts, PhD [bio] Program Director, Integrated Primary Care, Psychology
Brenda Bassingthwaite, PhD [bio] Program Director, Schools, Psychology