The annual fund-raiser is a 10-kilometer team event, with an optional two-mile course. Proceeds benefit the American Lung Association in its fight against lung disease. Participants may choose between the 10k (6.2 miles) or two miles. A kids race 100-yard dash will take place at Stinson Park-Aksarben Village for youngsters 5 to 10 years old. The kids race is free for children registered for the 10k or two-mile events and $5 for children without a race bib.
UNMC employees and friends or family members can register for $20 per person. Register online here.
- Select "Create or a Join a team."
- Search for our team:
- Team Name: Nebraska Medical Center/Bellevue Medical Center
- Company Name: Nebraska Medical Center
- Complete the registration.
Online registration closes Sept. 5 at 4 p.m. On-site registration is not available this year.
The race will start at 8 a.m. for all two-mile and 10k participants, including seeded runners. The kids race will begin at 9:30 a.m.
Seeded passes allow faster runners to begin at the front of the field. For "Select seeded passes," the qualifying times are a 10k of 40 minutes or less for men and 45 minutes or less for women. For seeded passes, the qualifying 10k times are 50 minutes of less for men and 55 minutes or less for women. For information on receiving a seeded pass, click here.
- Strollers permitted on the course, but start behind runners.
- No pets allowed on the course. MP3 players permitted on the course.
- Chip timing is available for each 10K participant and the 2-mile participants can elect timing.
Additional event day information will be sent via email to registered participants, but if you have any questions, please call one of the clinical enterprise or UNMC team captains:
- Sarah Emanuel, The Nebraska Medical Center/Bellevue Medical Center, 402-552-3453.
- Rick Pruch, UNMC, 402-559-8422.
- Sheri Keimig, UNMC Physicians, 402-559-9869.