Among the seven distinguished guest speakers will be R. Rand Allingham, M.D., from Duke University, who will present the inaugural Carl B. Camras, M.D., Memorial Lecture.
Other guest lecturers include:
- Dusanka Deretic, Ph.D., a professor in the department of surgery and division of ophthalmology at the University of New Mexico;
- Cheryl Craft, Ph.D., the Mary D. Allen Chair in Vision Research at the University of Southern California;
- W. Daniel Stamer, Ph.D., the Joseph A.C. Wadsworth Professor of Ophthalmology at Duke University; and
- David Berson, Ph.D., the Sidney A. Fox and Dorothea Doctors Fox Professor of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences at Brown University.
- R. Rand Allingham, M.D., the Richard and Kit Barkhouser Professor of Ophthalmology at Duke University;
- Michael Repka, M.D., the David L. Guyton, M.D., and Feduniak Family Professor of Ophthalmology and chief of the division of pediatric ophthalmology at Johns Hopkins University; and
- Gregory Skuta, M.D., president and CEO of the Dean McGee Eye Institute and Edward L. Gaylord Professor and Chair of the department of ophthalmology at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
Research topics are the focus of the conference on Thursday and will be presented in the Ruth H. Truhlsen Educational Conference Center inside the Truhlsen Eye Institute, 3902 Leavenworth St.
Clinical presentations are the focus of the presentations on Friday and will be held in the Truhlsen Events Center inside the Michael F. Sorrell Center for Health Science Education located at the corner of 42nd and Emile streets.
The presentations on May 28 are free but those wanting to attend must register by contacting Susan Davis at 402-559-1886.
Attendees of the Friday conference must register by contacting Patty Coleman at 402-559-5929. Continuing education credits are available. The registration fee is $125 and will be followed by a guest reception at 6 p.m. at the Thompson Alumni Center at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, 6705 Dodge St. The cost for the reception is $50.
For more information on the clinical conference click here.