- Name: Karina Bishop, M.D.
- Hometown: Panama City, Panama
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Internal Medicine
- Outpatient care
- Long-term care
- Medical direction
- Caregiver support
How I fell in love with geriatrics:
Talking to elders, I learned from the stories, their manners and their outlook on life.
- M.D., Universidad de Panama, Panama City, Panama
- Residency, family medicine, Creighton University, Omaha
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Geriatrics Society
- Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care
Three things people may not know about me:
- Spanish is my native language.
- I love biking, Zumba and traveling.
- I'm trying out gardening for the first time ever this year.