- Name: Pamela May, Ph.D.
- Hometown: Massapequa, N.Y.
- Title and department at UNMC: Clinical neuropsychologist and assistant professor in the UNMC Department of Neurological Sciences
- Movement disorders
- Memory disorders
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Toxic/metabolic encephalopathies
How I fell in love with clinical neuropsychology:
One of my undergraduate mentors urged me to consider clinical neuropsychology as a career path, given my passion for psychology, the brain and academics. I took every class associated with brain and behavior that I could, borrowed books from the library on neuropsychology "for fun," assisted with conducting brief psychosocial and cognitive evaluations for older adults in the community and realized, "This was it!" My graduate school training and experiences helped me see that I loved being able to build rapport with patients and playing "detective" in terms of understanding how people think.
- Ph.D., Wayne State University, 2015
- American Psychological Association
- International Neuropsychological Society
Three things people may not know about me:
- I love horseback riding, being in nature/hiking and watercolor painting.