- Name: Bryant England, M.D.
- Hometown: Elliott, Iowa
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology & Immunology
- Clinical and translational research in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) focused on RA outcomes, extra-articular RA and multimorbidity.
- Diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory arthritis.
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound.
How I fell in love with rheumatology:
As a trainee, I saw, and still see, rheumatology as an exciting field with advancing understanding of disease pathogenesis, an explosion of novel therapeutics and treatment approaches that can dramatically improve patients' lives, and the opportunity to form long-term relationships with patients as we help them age successfully despite having a chronic condition.
- M.D., UNMC
- Residency, internal medicine, UNMC
- Rheumatology Fellowship, UNMC
- Ph.D. student, clinical and translational research, UNMC Mentored Scholars Program -- Medical Sciences Interdepartmental Area
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Rheumatology
Three things people may not know about me:
- I enjoy spending time with my wife and kids, running, and listening to jazz and blues music.
Thrilled UNMC now has you as a "permanent" team member!
Now that you're UNMC Today "official", welcome to the team! :-D