Step-Up Omaha recruits, trains and places prepared Omaha youth and young adults, ages 14 to 21, in mutually beneficial paid summer jobs and work experience opportunities. Step-Up Omaha builds on the Empowerment Network and community partners' successes in hiring and placing more than 4,500 participants over the past 10 years. Based on its commitment to building a highly competitive workforce of the future, the City of Omaha is prepared to make a significant investment in helping to expand the employment program.
The key benefits for employers and sponsors are:
- Increase the diversity of your workforce -- diversity improves the bottom line.
- Generate new, creative and innovative ideas with fresh insights.
- Build a pipeline of qualified and prepared workers. Reverse the brain drain.
- Increase your summer workforce at a low cost while developing local talent.
- Build a stronger community by developing tax-paying and connected citizens.
Participants are paid by the Step-Up program and are available to train the first day beginning June 18 through Aug. 10 for a total of eight weeks.
Step-Up Omaha experiences for participants include:
- Step-Up Omaha On-the-Job Training: Participants ages 16-18 take part in targeted work experiences and education. Participants have limited previous work experience.
- Step-Up Omaha Career Intern: Participants ages 16-18 take part in career-oriented work experiences and education. Participants have previous work experience and specific career interest.
For departments and supervisors interested in partnering with Step-Up Omaha this summer:
- Request a "Job Request Form" by e-mailing Evelyn Grixby.
- Complete the "Job Request Form" and e-mail it to Evelyn Grixby by March 23.
Questions? Contact Evelyn Grixby at 402-559-4071.