|Nebraska state capitol building (Photo by Mawhamba.net/Wikimedia Commons)|
Members of the UNMC community can visit the Advocacy Day Facebook event page for a detailed schedule and the meeting room number. The event will be held from 2-5 p.m., with supporters encouraged to arrive between 1:30-2 p.m.
Faculty and staff who wish to attend the event during their regular work hours should use vacation or banked/floating holiday time, and they must receive approval for the time off from a supervisor.
Background on NU's budget challenges, an overview of the impact the University makes on the state, and other valuable advocacy-related information is available at the University of Nebraska's NU Advocates website.
Besides attending the "I Love NU" Advocacy event, faculty, staff and students who are looking for ways to show their support might consider the following:
- Write, email or call your senator to share your story on why higher education is important to you.
- Watch for action alerts by signing up to be an NU Advocate.
- Follow the University of Nebraska on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news and updates.
- Share your story on social media, using #NUforNE.
- Check out the latest Advocates' news and events.