- Name: Erin Torell
- Hometown: Ellinwood, Kan.
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, rare books and exhibits librarian, McGoogan Library of Medicine
Increasing outreach to the campus and community; to introduce students, faculty, staff, and community members to research and educational opportunities in rare books.
How I fell in love with rare books:
Rare books are like time machines. Hold one, look through the pages at the print, images and the handwritten notations, and you are transported to another era. Think of the author and the groundbreaking medical and scientific contribution he/she made. Imagine all the owners of the book through the centuries, and the trip this particular book made to Omaha, Neb.
- B.A., history, Fort Hays State University, Hays, Kan.
- M.A., history, Fort Hays State University
Three things people may not know about me:
- My husband and I have the same name: Erin and Aaron.
- I enjoy baseball, especially the Kansas City Royals.
- My husband and I live with the sweetest calico cat, named Bananas.