- Name: Jennifer Abrahams, M.D.
- Hometown: Omaha
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Dermatology, director of teledermatology, director of tropical and infectious disease dermatology
- Medical dermatology
- Tropical dermatology and infectious disease dermatology (including HIV dermatology)
How I fell in love with dermatology:
As a big fan of Sherlock Holmes stories growing up, I found that the dermatologist's reliance on the power of observation and piecing clues together from the history certainly appealed to me. The field of dermatology also lends itself to being practiced in the most remote corners of the world - a perfect fit to pair with my passion for tropical and infectious disease.
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, 2013
- Residency/internship, internal medicine, Lankenau Medical Center, Wynnewood, Pa., 2013-14
- Residency, dermatology, Jackson Memorial Hospital/University of Miami Hospital, 2016-17
- Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Universidad Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- American Medical Association
- Women's Dermatologic Society
- North Carolina Dermatology Association
Three things people may not know about me:
- I've hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon twice.
- I've traveled to multiple homestays abroad . . . without knowing the native language.
- I love playing board games.
Lauritzen Outpatient Center
4014 Leavenworth St.
Omaha, NE 68005
For appointments and referrals: Call 402-552-7928