Africa Summit 2019 is intended to provide a forum for information-sharing and collaboration among faculty, staff and graduate students across the four University of Nebraska campuses who have interest in any country or region of Africa, including research, teaching or other forms of engagement with individuals, educational institutions, governments, or the private sector.
The keynote and panel presentations will be streamed live over the internet. Registrants will be contacted directly with instructions for the live stream connections.
Africa Summit 2019 is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. and finish around 2:30 p.m. on March 28. See more information about the schedule and speakers. Note that the schedule will be updated regularly and is subject to change.
NU faculty, staff and graduate students are invited to register for this event here. Registration includes the option of joining for lunch during the summit from approximately noon-1 p.m. in the Truhlsen Events Center. Information is requested regarding dietary restrictions.
Goals for Africa Summit 2019 include:
- Enable faculty, staff and graduate students with expertise or interest in any country or region of Africa to meet and become acquainted with each other's area of expertise and/or research.
- Identify one or more funding opportunities or projects for which NU faculty, staff or graduate students could compete for funding.
- Identify potential networks or teams of people across multiple NU campuses who might collaborate on research projects, serve as specialists in courses or research, or otherwise share their expertise with others across NU;
- Enhance the university's international collaborations and global engagement;
- Identify individuals and resources that may be useful to those teaching about or conducting research in or about Africa.