Dalton Nelsen, M.D., is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Dalton Nelsen, M.D.
- Hometown: Callaway, Neb.
- Title and department at UNMC/Nebraska Medicine: Emergency medicine ultrasound fellow, instructor and staff physician, UNMC Department of Emergency Medicine
- Point-of-care ultrasound
- Medical student and resident education
How I fell in love with emergency medicine: I fell in love with emergency medicine as a second-year medical student. Being able to take care of a wide variety of patients in a team-oriented atmosphere at a fast pace was very appealing to me.
- B.S., human biology, Chadron State College, 2012
- M.D., UNMC, 2016
- Emergency medicine residency, UNMC, 2019
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Society of Academic Emergency Medicine
Three things people may not know about me:
- I only had 20 people in my high school graduating class.
- I can make some pretty awesome Oreo balls.
- I enjoy painting.