The UNMC Benefits Office will be hosting a "Women's Series" of 90-minute TIAA retirement workshops. The schedule and summary for each class is listed below.
To register, log on to Employee Self Service (under Quick Links), click on the "Education" tab, then the "Register for Training" link. Under "available events" search "Women." Click on the training below the search bar that you would like to attend and the event details will appear on the right hand side of the screen. Add your information and click the "Register" button. You will receive a confirmation email to your UNMC email address. Repeat this process with each class you plan to attend. If you register and then cannot attend, please log in and cancel your registration, that way if we have a waiting list we can offer the seat to the next interested employee.
If you have any questions, please contact the benefits office at 402-559-4340.
Start of Finish: The Early Career Woman's Guide to Financial Wisdom
Thursday, Sept. 19, 2:30-4 p.m.
Target audience: Early career
The workshop will provide financial knowledge to get started on the right foot. It's never too early to begin saving, and the sooner you do, the more prepared you may be down the road. TIAA's workshop leader will share financial strategies such as:
- Understanding your income and your outflow, and how to balance them to your advantage;
- Discovering how saving a little now can help you later on; and
- Making a plan for your finances and your financial future.
She's Got It: A Woman's Guide to Saving and Investing
Thursday, Sept. 26, 2:30-4 p.m.
Target audience: Early to mid-career
Learn how to prepare for your future. Take a revealing trip through investing and saving strategies developed especially with women in mind. Your money shouldn't be sitting around doing nothing -- and at this workshop, you won't be either. TIAA's workshop leader will show you the simple secrets to saving more:
- Learn the core concepts that guide all investing, get motivated, build a plan and take action;
- Find ways to take on life's challenges without damaging future financial well-being;
- Discover more about yourself with the Financial Personality Type Quiz; and
- Break down what your real goals are and learn how to help reach them via group activities.
Attention to Detail: Financial Finishing Touches for Women
Thursday, Oct. 3, 2:30-4 p.m.
Target audience: Those with more complex financial needs
What does your financial future hold? Financial success can often complicate your life. In this interactive workshop, you'll learn some ways to stay in control of the portfolio you've accumulated. TIAA's workshop leader will share financial planning strategies to help you:
- Learn about investment and allocation strategies; and
- Discover the right questions to ask a financial advisor.
Postcards From the Future: A Woman's Guide to Financially Ever AfterThursday, Oct. 10, 2:30-4 p.m.
Target audience: Mid-late career
This workshop provides financial knowledge for women nearing retirement. Learn what you can do to help plan for your retirement dream to come true on schedule. TIAA's workshop leader will share retirement strategies that can:
- Identify your "retirement vision" -- how much you'll need and when:
- Learn steps you can take that may get your finances on track to help reach your ideal retirement in 10 to 15 years; and
- Learn the unique characteristics of retirement plans from 403(b) to IRAs to annuities to help you determine which work best for you.
Seating is limited. These trainings will not be broadcast or recorded.