Jessica Cox is a new provider at UNMC.
- Name: Jessica Cox
- Hometown: Papillion, Neb.
- Title and department at UNMC: Behavioral health practitioner in the Munroe-Meyer Institute (MMI) Department of Psychology
- Treatment of school-related behavioral issues
- Training educational staff in behavior analysis
- Developmental disabilities
How I fell in love with applied behavior analysis (ABA): I have always been passionate about working with kids, especially those with disabilities or with behavioral challenges. While working at another clinic that did not specialize in applied behavior analysis, I heard about all of the success my clients were having with applied behavior analysis. I then observed the logic and science behind what the therapists were doing, as well as how much they clearly cared about their clients, and I fell in love.
- B.A., psychology, University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2017
- M.A., psychology (concentration in applied behavior analysis), University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2019
Three things people may not know about me:
- I love to backpack and hike (anywhere where there is no cell service).
- I am an Air Force Brat and moved eight times before I was 15.
- I am a big Harry Potter fan! (I have read the series all the way through five times.)
Clinic location: I will be working at OPS through an ABA consultation contract with MMI, at Madonna School & Community-Based Services doing ABA consultation and providing services with Lisa Neitzke, Ph.D., at MMI for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
What a wonderful, kind person you have become. Just don't forgetwho and where you came from and all the kindness you have learned from you Mom and Dad. So proud what you have accomplished in a few short years. Love you Grandma