Lakshaman Arcot Jayagopal, M.B.B.S., is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Lakshman Arcot Jayagopal, M.B.B.S.
- Hometown: Chennai, India
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Neurological Sciences
- Autoimmune epilepsy/encephalitis
- Use of electroencephalogram (EEG) in the intensive care unit to determine problems related to the electrical activity of the brain
- Therapies in multiple sclerosis (MS) and autoimmune conditions
How I fell in love with neurology (multiple sclerosis and epilepsy): I was drawn to neurology given the complexities of the brain and the challenging unknowns associated with the field. My dual interests in neuroimmunology and epilepsy are driven by a passion towards helping patients with autoimmune neurological diseases which are often manifested by the intersection of varied neurological subspecialities.
- M.B.B.S., PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Coimbatore, India
- Internship, internal medicine, UNMC, Omaha
- Residency, neurology, UNMC, Omaha
- Fellowship, multiple sclerosis/neuroimmunology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle
- Fellowship, epilepsy, University of Texas at Houston
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Epilepsy Society
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Two things people may not know about me:
- I religiously follow every major movie/TV award show.
- I enjoy traveling, hiking and antique shopping.
Clinic location: Neurological Sciences, 4242 Farnam St., Suite 650
For appointments and referrals: 402-559-8600
Congratulations, Lakshman!!!! Many best wishes - Sarah